AALNC Annual Forum 2018 Call for Speakers
Event Details: April 13-14, 2018, Pre-Forum Sessions: April 12, 2018, Hilton Clearwater Beach, Clearwater, Florida
Submission Closes: August 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM Central Time
Criteria for selection include:
- Relevance of topic to current challenges in legal nurse consulting based on needs assessment data, AALNC strategic goals, and expert opinion
- Professional practice gap clearly identified, with measurable outcome described
- Clarity of description of the content
- Absence of evidence of patient care product promotion
Presentation Submission Guidelines
Be prepared to enter all of the information below. There will not be the option to save your submission and come back to edit it later before submitting.
- Clinical Issues
Clinical Issues entail the practice of nursing as a profession. Standards, guidelines, and principles for the professional management of medical conditions are the basis for LNCs to objectively evaluate patient care.
- LNC Business Skills
LNC Business Skills are necessary to be a successful independent or in-house LNC. Topics include how to develop, market, and grow your business, as well as, communication and leadership skills for all LNCs.
- LNC Practice
LNC Practice is a foundation for the skills required in the diverse LNC roles. An understanding of litigation cases and the legal system are core components for LNCs as they define and grow their practice.
- Workshop - Present participants with realistic, complex, and contextually rich LNC situations
- Presenters prepare a scenario prior to session
- Live simulation during session
- Discuss key learning points
- Case Study - Present participants with realistic, complex, and contextually rich LNC situations
- Audience considers scenarios in small groups
- Discuss key learning points
- Controversy Panel - Presentation of two or more views on a controversial topic in a debate-like format with moderator and two or more panelists.
- Limit 175 characters, including spaces (approximately 22 words)
- Short, compelling description of session
- Describes what participants should expect by attending your session
- For use in promotional materials such as convention brochures if accepted
- Limit 1750 characters, including spaces (approximately 250 words)
- Contains no personal or organizational identifiers
- Addresses essential components of the presentation (reviewers should be able to evaluate the content of the presentation)
- Concise and cohesive
Abstract References (minimum 2)
- Examples: evidence-based practice/peer review journals, clinical guidelines, best practices
- Current (no older than 5 years) unless classic work
- Contain complete publication information in a format such as APA (Resource: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/05/)
Level of Intended Audience
Aspiring - New to legal nurse consulting, practicing as an LNC for 2 years or less
Competent - Certified or working towards certification
Experienced - Provides mentorship to other LNCs, hold LNCC credential, integrates various roles of the LNC into practice
Proposed Presentation Length
- Most presentations will be 50 minutes in length with a 10-minute question/answer period; however, there may be an opportunity for an extended session.
Identification of Professional Practice Gap
- Specify the change in practice, the problem in practice, or opportunity for improvement. Include current state and desired state. Example:
- Current State: Legal Nurse Consultants struggle to connect with and convert prospective clients.
- Desired State: Legal Nurse Consultants will incorporate exhibiting at conferences into their LNC business strategy.
- Measurable: Describes and quantifies indicators of performance.
- Learner-centered: Describes what the learner will be able to do as a result of participating in the activity.
- Aligns with the content of the learning activity.
Learner Engagement Methods
- Methods and instructional strategies to actively engage the learner
- Congruent with desired outcome and content
- Limit 700 characters, including spaces (approximately 100 words)
- For use at the AALNC Annual Forum if presentation selected
- Needed for each speaker in group
Speaker Contact Information
- Needed for each speaker:
- Full Name
- Email, Phone Number
- Professional Title and Company
- Photo - Encouraged but not required. To be used in promotional materials if selected.
- CV or Resume - needed for each speaker, to be submitted at the end of the form.
- Spell out abbreviations, acronyms, or initials with first use
- Proofread submission carefully to ensure correct spelling and grammar (points are deducted for misspelled words and incorrect grammar)
Submit Your Presentation for Consideration
Select a session track below to get started. If you do not see the session track options please be to log in. If you do not yet have an AALNC account please create a free guest account to submit your presentation for consideration.
Login or Create Guest Account
Don't forget - the deadline for submissions is August 31, 2017. Notification of acceptance/decline will be sent in October of 2017.
Please contact email@example.com or call (877) 402-2562 with any questions about the