The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants (AALNC) is celebrating our 30th anniversary this year! As we look back on the last 30 years as the organization that LNCs, nurses, healthcare providers, attorneys, and others turn to as the gold standard in legal nurse consulting, we wanted to reflect on 30 pivotal moments during our organization’s lifetime.
- 1989: AALNC was officially formed as a not-for-profit association
- 1990: Election of AALNC’s first Board of Directors
- 1990: AALNC hosted its first annual national education conference
- 1997: Establishment of the ALNCCB
- 1998: Publication of the first edition of Legal Nurse Consulting, Principles and Practices
- 1999: ALNCCB received initial accreditation from the American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS)
- 2001: Offering of the AALNC Professional Legal Nurse Consulting courses
- 2001: Distribution of AALNC newsletter “Network News”
- 2001: Update to AALNC website capabilities to allow for online orders
- 2001: Launch of the LNC Locator
- 2001: Publication of three legal nurse consulting case studies
- 2002: Redesign of the Journal of Legal Nurse Consulting
- 2002: Launch of the AALNC Membership Directory
- 2006: Recognition of legal nurse consulting as a subspecialty of nursing by the ANA
- 2007: Developed business plans for the AALNC LNC Professional Course and its webinar series
- 2008: Activation of the Attorney Awareness Initiative
- 2010: Launch of the AALNC webinar series
- 2012: Introduction of the shortened Annual Forum format
- 2012: AALNC received accreditation as an American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Education provider
- 2013: Finalization and release of the AALNC LNCC Review Course
- 2013: AALNC gained representation on the ABA’s Nursing Alliance and Allied Healthcare Professionals Task Force
- 2014: Launch of RN and non-RN membership categories
- 2015: Implementation of first digital advertising and social media strategy
- 2015: Update of AALNC website and visual identity
- 2015: Launch of Board Culture Statement, and Code of Ethics
- 2016: Release of on-demand webinar product category
- 2017: Release of self-published Scope and Standards document
- 2017: Revision of the AALNC LNC Professional Course
- 2017: AALNC hosted its first Mock Trial
- 2018: Launch of the AALNC Professional Development Center
While AALNC has accomplished much more than the 30 things on this list over its lifetime, we’re so proud to present the exciting achievements that our members have helped us accomplish over the last 30 years. Thank you for making AALNC the organization that it has grown to be today!
A Walk Down Memory Lane
We’ve gathered a few pictures from the archive – check out these photos from past AALNC conferences.
AALNC’s first annual conference (1990).
Networking and mingling at the annual conference networking reception (2004).
Having a great time at dinner at the annual conference (2006).
Undeniable chapter spirit at the annual conference (2008).