Patricia Costantini, RN MEd LPC CRC CCM CLCP LNCC
Karen J. Huff, BSN RN LNCC
Jane Mihalich, BSN RN LNCC
Target Audience: RNs interested in learning more about legal nurse consulting.
Description/Purpose: Participation in this online learning module will provide the learner with an introduction to the concepts, principles and practices of legal nurse consulting.
- Explore the role of the AALNC in developing the practice of Legal Nurse Consulting
- Evaluate the concepts related to professionalism for LNCs including the Code of Ethics, the scope & standards of practice and legal liability for practicing LNCs
- Outline common practice environments and roles available for LNC professionals
- Analyze the qualities and attributes which are important for successful LNC practice
- Summarize the various education components which have value for the LNC and distinguish between certification and certificate of completion
- Analyze the LNCC certification process
Continuing Education: The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Education Committee is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 5
Expiration Date: December 15, 2020
- Complete individual module
- Obtain a score of at least 80% on the module post-test
- Complete the online course evaluation and attestation of completion
Conflict of Interest: The planners and faculty for this activity report no conflicts of interest.