Jean Cooper, MSN RN LNCC
Sharon K. McQuown, MSN RN LNCC
Target Audience: RNs interested in learning more about legal nurse consulting.
Description/Purpose: Participation in this online module will enable the learner to evaluate the various relationships of the LNC with attorneys and differentiate the roles and responsibilities in each area of responsibility.
- Analyze at least three essential verbal communication skills and potential barriers to verbal communication
- Differentiate the role of the independent LNC from the role of the in house LNC in communicating with attorneys and the guiding principles of communication for the independent LNC
- Analyze the LNC role in the activities and decision making elements required in evaluating plaintiff cases
- Outline the roles of the various members of the defense team and how the LNC functions and interacts as a member of the defense team
Continuing Education: The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Education Committee is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 4
Expiration Date: September 22, 2022
- Complete individual module
- Obtain a score of at least 80% on the module post-test
- Complete the online course evaluation and attestation of completion
Conflict of Interest: The planners and faculty for this activity report no conflicts of interest.