Julie Dickinson, MBA RN LNCC
Target Audience: RNs interested in learning more about legal nurse consulting.
Description/Purpose: Participation in this online module will enable the learner to develop a knowledge base and beginning skills/practice abilities in the role of the LNC in analyzing and managing medical records.
- Review the concepts of patient confidentiality
- Outline the various sources for acquisition of patient medical records as well as the digitized and electronic medical records resources
- Analyze the various laws and federal/ state regulations governing access to medical records
- Examine the LNC’s tasks/responsibilities involved in organizing and managing medical records
- Evaluate the elements of medical records analysis and analyze the concepts to be utilized by LNC’s in effective and successful analysis of medical records
Continuing Education: The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Education Committee is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 5
Expiration Date: December 15, 2020
- Complete individual module
- Obtain a score of at least 80% on the module post-test
- Complete the online course evaluation and attestation of completion
Conflict of Interest: The planners and faculty for this activity report no conflicts of interest.