Jean Autry, BS RN LNCC CMI-I
Katy Jones, MSN BSN RN
Target Audience: RNs interested in learning more about legal nurse consulting.
Description/Purpose: Participation in this online module will enable the learner to explore reliable, effective and efficient methods for conducting medical-legal research and providing an excellent work product to the attorney/attorney client.
- Discuss the importance of medical legal research for the LNC
- Analyze the various types of medical literature and discuss the reasons why searches may be needed
- Illustrate effective processes for conducting research
- Analyze effective methods for researching reliable sources for standards of care
- Explain the process and considerations for researching causation issues
- Critique two selected legal standards and outline the most effective methods for summarizing medical literature
- Evaluate reliable and effective sources for locating and viewing full text articles
- Summarize the use of other selected types of research in case preparation
Continuing Education: The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Education Committee is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 4
Expiration Date: September 22, 2022
- Complete individual module
- Obtain a score of at least 80% on the module post-test
- Complete the online course evaluation and attestation of completion
Conflict of Interest: The planners and faculty for this activity report no conflicts of interest.