Julie Dickinson, MBA BSN RN LNCC
Elizabeth Zorn, BSN RN LNCC
Target Audience: RNs interested in learning more about legal nurse consulting.
Description/Purpose: Participation in this online module will enable the learner to utilize specific tools to investigate, select and prepare expert witnesses for consultation, deposition and/or trial testimony.
- Explore the role of the expert witness and concepts for identification/ selection of appropriate experts
- Analyze strategies for locating experts and appropriate criteria for evaluating them as well as guidelines for determining fees
- Review relevant regulations and guidelines for expert witness testimony
- Outline the components of optimal expert witness packages, witness conferences and preparation of witnesses
Continuing Education: The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Education Committee is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 5
Expiration Date: December 15, 2020
- Complete individual module
- Obtain a score of at least 80% on the module post-test
- Complete the online course evaluation and attestation of completion
Conflict of Interest: The planners and faculty for this activity report no conflicts of interest.