Mary Jo Brink, MSN RN
Anne Meyer, BSN RN LNCC
Target Audience: RNs interested in learning more about legal nurse consulting.
Description/Purpose: By working through this self-directed online module, the learner will be able to analyze the multiple aspects and management priorities involved in a long term care case.
- Define Long Term Care in the nursing home setting;
- Discuss the hierarchy of roles found within long term care facilities;
- Identify the different payor types reimbursing for Long Term Care and the effect they may have on what we see in the records;
- Describe the common provider liability issues in Long Term Care litigation
- Access LTC forms and processes.
Continuing Education: The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Education Committee is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 2.5
Expiration Date: April 10, 2020
- Complete individual module
- Obtain a score of at least 80% on the module post-test
- Complete the online course evaluation and attestation of completion
Conflict of Interest: The planners and faculty for this activity report no conflicts of interest.