Priscilla Miller, MS-CRMC RN LNCC
Elizabeth K. Zorn, RN BSN LNCC
Target Audience: RNs interested in learning more about legal nurse consulting.
Description/Purpose: Participation in this online module will enable the learner to develop a knowledge base and beginning practice abilities in the role of the LNC during the pleadings and discovery phases of a lawsuit.
- Identify the process for initiating litigation.
- Identify the purpose of the discovery phase of litigation.
- Outline common discovery demands.
- Identify common investigations undertaken as part of the discovery process.
- Explain the role of experts during discovery.
- Explore the purpose and procedural rules related to depositions.
- Outline the purpose and procedural rules related to independent medical exams.
- Identify common motions during discovery.
- Identify the purpose of scheduling orders and pre-trial conferences.
- Explain the LNC role during the initiation of litigation and throughout the discovery phase.
Continuing Education: The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Education Committee is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 2
Expiration Date: September 22, 2022
- Complete individual module
- Obtain a score of at least 80% on the module post-test
- Complete the online course evaluation and attestation of completion
Conflict of Interest: The planners and faculty for this activity report no conflicts of interest.