Jamie Myers, MSN RN RNC-OB
Lisa Santopradre, BSN RB LNCC
Target Audience: RNs interested in learning more about legal nurse consulting.
Description/Purpose: The purpose of this activity is to increase the participant’s knowledge and role of the LNC regarding alternative dispute resolution, pre-trial settlement modalities and the litigation process.
- Describe the two most widely used methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution and Pre-Trial Settlement Modalities
- Examine the role of the LNC in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Explain the litigation process, including the pre-trial, trial and post-trial steps
- Summarize the main roles of the LNC through the pre-trial and post-trial process
Continuing Education: The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Education Committee is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 4
Expiration Date: April 10, 2020
- Complete individual module
- Obtain a score of at least 80% on the module post-test
- Complete the online course evaluation and attestation of completion
Conflict of Interest: The planners and faculty for this activity report no conflicts of interest.