Beth Diehl, DNP NNP-BC CCRN LNCC
Wendie Howland, MN RN-BC CRRN CCM CNLCP LNCC
Target Audience: RNs interested in learning more about legal nurse consulting.
Description/Purpose: Participation in this online module will enable the learner to develop a knowledge base and beginning practice abilities in the role of the nurse expert.
- State the definition of an expert witness
- Identify the role of the expert witness in the litigation process
- Understand expert witness credibility and vetting
- Discuss expert witness business strategy
- Describe expert witness testimony
Continuing Education: The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Education Committee is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 2
Expiration Date: April 10, 2020
- Complete individual module
- Obtain a score of at least 80% on the module post-test
- Complete the online course evaluation and attestation of completion
Conflict of Interest: The planners and faculty for this activity report no conflicts of interest.