Presenter: Barb Boschert, BSN RN LNCC
Identified Gaps: According to the 2011 Salary Survey conducted by AALNC, approximately 8% of LNC respondents practiced in the area of workers’ compensation. With the ever-expanding role of the LNC, more in-depth education needs to be offered regarding the role of the LNC in the setting of workers’ compensation claims.
CNE: 1.5 Contact Hours
Expiration Date: June 30, 2023
The purpose of this activity is to provide the learner with the concepts and tools to practice in the setting of workers’ compensation law.
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss the concept of workers’ compensation law, as compared to personal injury and/or medical malpractice law.
- Compare and contrast the administration of WC benefits in the Federal vs State systems.
- Employ the principles of causation and ‘no fault’ in the analysis of a WC claim.
- Apply issues relevant to the determination of compensability when reviewing a WC claim.
- Recognize the setting in which a SIF would be applicable, and summarize the medical information relevant to the production of an SIF portfolio.
Price: Members: $57.00/Non-Members: $115.00