Date: Friday, September 11, 2020
Time: 11:00 am - 5:30 pm Central Time
Presented By: Mindy Cohen, MSN, RN, LNCC; Pamela Stitzlein Davies, MS, ARNP, RN-BC, FAANP; Lisa Mancuso, BSN, RN, PCCN, CCRN, CLCP, LNCC; Elizabeth C. Murray, BSN, RN, LNCC; Marjorie Berg Pugatch, BSN, MA, RN, LNCC
- Early Bird Registration Rate (on or before August 25, 2020)
- AALNC Member: $150
- Non-Member: $290
- Regular Registration Rate (after August 25, 2020)
- AALNC Member: $180
- Non-Member: $320
Non-Member registration includes AALNC membership until December 31, 2020
Target Audience: RNs, Legal Nurse Consultants, and Legal Professionals
Description: This half-day virtual event will provide a mixture of LNC clinical, practice, and business education as well as mentoring to start or grow your beginning LNC career. This interactive workshop is built to not just provide you with business and marketing tips, but to also help you build a strong LNC foundation on which to apply the nursing process to your LNC practice.
The workshop will be structured with LNC faculty to provide educational content on subjects including:
- Becoming and building a LNC career from the in-house LNC and independent LNC perspective,
- How to attend and function at independent medical examinations (IMEs) and defense medical examinations (DMEs),
- How to evaluate and apply standard of care to specific high litigation areas such as skilled nursing facilities, nursing homes, and care of patients receiving opioids.
There will be a multitude of opportunities to meet and interact in experiential learning with faculty, experienced LNCs, and new LNC peers.
Continuing Education: The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Contact Hours: 5.33
- View and participate in full workshop
- Complete on-line evaluations
Conflict of Interest: The planners and faculty for this activity report no conflict of interest with the development and presentation of this course.