Grow Your Knowledge, Grow Your Career
AALNC Mock Trial Program
Get the full trial experience with this blended learning event. Whether you are a novice or seasoned LNC, this program is designed to assist you in your next trial and trials thereafter.
Available in both the live and on-demand webinar formats, the two pre-event webinars will describe the trial preparation process from the time of filing the complaint up to the time the trial commences. Also discussed is the judge’s ruling on each motion and how that affects the case. LNCs can be an invaluable asset to the attorney-client in trying a case. Expand your knowledge regarding the role
- The Verdict is In! The Vital Role of LNCs at Medical Malpractice Trials
- Available immediately as an On-Demand Webinar
- Pleadings, Discovery, and Trial: How Cases are Prepared for Trial from Day One
- Presented live on Tuesday, August 29, 2017, from 3:00 - 4:00 PM Central Time.
- For those unavailable for the live presentation, they will have access to the On-Demand format.
In-Person Mock Trial
The second part of the program will be held in a courtroom setting at John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois. This will allow participants to become familiar with a courtroom’s physical layout and etiquette. Legal nurse consultants will gain a working knowledge of the judicial system and understand their role and responsibilities as they experience a jury trial first hand. A hypothetical medical malpractice case will be presented as witnesses face cross-examination, lawyers try out their persuasive skills, and jurors listen intently. The jury will deliberate and render a verdict.
8:15 AM - 9:00 AM
Check-in and Breakfast
9:00 AM - 10:15 AM
Judicial System Overview
10:15 AM - 10:30 AM
10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Judicial System Overview Continued
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Mock Trial - Opening Statements, Testimony, and Cross-Examinations
3:00 PM - 3:15 PM
3:15 PM - 5:00 PM
Mock Trial - Closing Statements, Jury Deliberation, and Discussion
The American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants Education Committee is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Criteria for Successful Completion
- Registration for the Mock Trial
- Attestation of attendance for webinars and event claimed or contact hours
- Completion of online evaluation of webinars and event attended
Conflict of Interest Disclosure
Planners disclose no conflict of interest relative to this educational activity. Presenters disclose no conflict of interest relative to this educational activity.