Why Hire an LNC?
The primary role of the legal nurse consultant is to evaluate, analyze, and render informed opinions on the delivery of healthcare and the resulting outcomes. For over 30 years, legal nurse consultants have acted as collaborators and strategists, offering support in medically-related litigation and other medical-legal matters.
As the gold standard in legal nurse consulting, AALNC has numerous resources for attorneys who would like to hire an LNC. In addition to resources for attorneys, AALNC provides a full recourse database of educational offerings for LNCs. Attorneys can confidently trust their LNC who utilizes AALNC’s resources.
View Attorney Testimonials
How They Fit In To Your Practice
LNCs are equipped with the following skills that benefit your practice:
- Experience – The legal nurse consultant has an extensive background of clinical experience, which includes interpretation of medical records, documents, and medical-legal issues.
- Cost-effectiveness – The legal nurse consultant utilizes their nursing background and knowledge of healthcare standards to identify strengths and weaknesses of a case.
- Resourcefulness – The legal nurse consultant possesses a network of medical and professional resources and contacts.
- Knowledge – The legal nurse consultant has a thorough understanding of medical issues and trends related to the total litigation process. The legal nurse consultant is able to customize the case for the attorney, the client, and jury.
Be On The Look For
What you should look for when hiring a legal nurse consultant:
- Experience – Solid clinical experience and a strong background in legal nurse consulting.
- Education – Nursing education, and other medical-legal-related educational programs.
- Professionalism – Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Involvement – Demonstrated commitment to the field through involvement in national and local professional organizations.
How To Find The Right LNC For You
Click here to access the LNC Locator® to contact a LNC or expert witness to help with your case.